Essential Job Functions:
◾Candidate will have the ability to utilize the nursing process to assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care for patients served. Through the model of Shared Governance, collaborate with all members of the health care team with a focus on promoting evidenced based care within a healing culture for the patient population served and their families.
◾Candidate will demonstrate and embrace the PRIDE core values (Professionalism, Respect, Involvement, Dignity and Excellence) in every aspect of their job.
◾Candidate must have excellent communication and computer skills.
Job Function: The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for assessing, coordinating and delivering care during critical care transport of patients between facilities. This position will be required to participate in other administrative work while on duty, as assigned, in assuring quality of care.
Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required.
• Current NJ Registered Nurse Licensure required
• Current NJ Drivers License required
• Current NJ EMT certification required within 6 months of hire; MICN or MICP desired.
• Current CPR
• Current ACLS
• Current PALS
• At least 3 years (full time or equivalent) ED or Critical Care experience required.
• At least 1 year (full time or equivalent) ground or flight transport nurse experience preferred.
Required Core competencies:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent Organizational skills
• Anticipates, manages, and resolves problems associated with changing situations in a highly autonomous care environment
• Must be able to operate independently and deliver ALS interventions appropriately and as necessary.
• Demonstrates excellent team work skills.
• Works effectively with multiple parties to accomplish efficient transfers.
• Able to work under pressure & through stressful periods and still effectively multi-task.
• Proficiency demonstrations at annual competencies in job specific skills such as, but not limited to:Ventilator management, Intra-aortic balloon pumps, isolettes, ACLS and PALS management.
• Computer literacy with electronic charting program.
• Candidate must be able to work six 12 hour shifts per month including weekends and holidays. Candidate must be able to provide availability for all shifts, days, nights, and evenings. This position reports to the SCTU Educator/Coordinator.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 8th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS