Embeds and cuts a wide variety of surgical tissue, including autopsy specimens, tiny biopsies, lymph nodes, breast tissue and bone marrow.
Performs a variety of staining techniques, including immunohistochemical procedures, for microscopic evaluation. independently plans and completes daily work. Resolve technical problems that arise, and interprets policy in terms of established objectives and procedures. Provides advice and guidance to staff histotechnologists and laboratory assistants and technicians. Responsible for daily operation in absence of Histology Supervisor.
· Able to organize and prioritize specimens and tasks to produce a high quality product in an efficient and timely manner. Perform quality control on sections and staining procedures to ensure a high quality finished product
· Able to work overtime, late nights and holidays when requested by supervisor.
Able to work in a fast paced, high volume laboratory
· Must comply with all applicable health and safety policies
· Assists in training other histotechnologists, lab assistants and technicians.
· Performs other duties as requested.training of staff and day to day department operations. Work on the bench 70% of the time and spend 30% on lead duties
5 + yrs. related exper. pref.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 9th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
Software Powered by iCIMS