Atlantic Health System is seeking a full-time Research Contract Specialist for Atlantic Center for Research to work from 8 AM to 4 PM.
• Under the supervision of internal counsel or working with external counsel, draft, review and assist with the negotiation of contractual agreements, including NDAs, clinical trial agreements, SOWs, indemnity agreements, sponsored research agreements, sub-investigator and subsite agreements, lead researcher agreements, contract amendments, master service agreements, data use agreements, research consortium agreements, external IRB agreements, and other agreements related to the conduct of clinical research.
• Perform initial review and provide comments on contractual agreements received from industry sponsors, CROs, cooperative groups and other sponsors of clinical research.
• Evaluate changes to pre-existing agreements.
• Support the maintenance of contract templates.
• Participate in conference calls, conferences, negotiations and meetings with internal departments and external sponsors and CROs as necessary.
• Correspond and communicate with the Atlantic Center for Research, internal clients, industry sponsors and CROs.
• Develop positive working relationships with industry sponsors and CROs.
• Act as a liaison between internal business partners and the Legal Department on research contract-related inquiries and contracting processes of third parties.
• Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external partners on contract maintenance, renewals and terminations.
• Prepare contract approval timelines with all parties involved and lead follow-up efforts to obtain contract approval.
• Manage dissemination and filing of contractual agreements through e-mail and contract tracking database and maintain research contract database.
• Maintain up-to-date tracking of all contracts and client correspondence to provide periodic internal update.
• Ensure contracts are accurate and reflect all negotiated changes, complete, signed by the appropriate parties and submitted in a timely manner.
• Master and seek to improve internal contracting process by identifying and executing performance metrics, strategies and priorities to enable the Legal Department to deliver value and enhance overall operational effectiveness.
• Prepare ad hoc reports.
• Bachelor’s degree required; post-bachelor degree, including JD or MBA, desirable
• Three or more years of relevant work experience in a contract administration environment in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or with a CRO
• Ability to read complex documents with an eye for proper contract language as well as style and grammar
• Ability to evaluate different alternatives and select or recommend the one that best meets the business needs of the situation while remaining within standard guidelines
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Comfort in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to logically assess priorities and manage multiple timelines and projects
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Atlantic Health System has created a Trusted Network of Caring™, delivering the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost. We aim to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 11th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS