Atlantic Health System is seeking a PerDiem Histology Technician to work in our Morris Plains Lab. The hours are varied and require every other weekend.
1.Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician.
2. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
3. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
4. Ensure proper tissue processing.
5. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
6. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
7. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
8. Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
9. Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
10. Obtain and validate tissue used in special stains.
11. Perform all special stain procedures.
12. May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
13. May obtain and validate control material used in IHC procedures.
14. May perform IHC testing.
15. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
16. Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians, students and lab aides.
17. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
18. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
19. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
20. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
Minimum Experience Required:
1-3 years of full time acceptable clinical experience in a histopathology laboratory
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS