Overlook Medical Center a member of the prestigious Atlantic Health System is currently seeking a full time Health Educator to work 8am to 4pm and every other weekend as needed in the Community Health department.
The Community Health Educator will implement the Community Health department’s education and outreach plan, connecting and engaging with patients and community members through health and wellness events, collaborating with community partners and agencies, and direct outreach. This role is also responsible for assisting patients and community members to connect with community resources and referral appointments, overcome barriers to care and navigate the health care system, including community agencies and organizations.
2. Job Responsibilities along with a percentage of time performing duties:
Include, but are not limited to:
• Research, develop and implement relevant evidenced-based curriculum and collateral health education material to expand health awareness and knowledge of and access to health services. Assist in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating health education programs targeted to populations spanning children through seniors.
• Conduct and manage educational presentations for the community based upon topics of interest and regional health priorities. Maintain program and event participation and evaluation records, statistics and community benefit reporting, and monitoring and reporting program impact.
• Assist in planning, developing and coordinating culturally-sensitive health education programs and collateral material, utilizing appropriate literacy level and language, and facilitating translation of programming and collateral materials in Spanish or other languages.
• Provide direct community outreach to targeted populations according to AHS Community Health initiatives and act as a liaison, connecting community members and community organizations with AHS services and initiatives.
• Act as an ambassador for AHS services and access points, assisting community members in navigating the health care system, accessing a physician/specialist or service, and championing health system access initiatives, including online health management tools, physician referral service, and e-news.
• Manage administrative tasks around scheduling and correspondence for community education programming, community health events, and outreach. Develop and maintain updated contact lists related to community health lectures, events, and internal/external meetings, and key community stakeholders and partner organizations.
• Participate in health fairs, neighborhood community activities, screenings, and special events, maintaining responsibility for coordinating on-site display, volunteers, engagement with community members and organizations. Disseminate health system collateral and culturally-appropriate health information and health promotion resources.
• Serve on internal hospital committees and community-based health coalitions related to targeted populations and health priorities, such as geriatrics, pediatrics, substance use, chronic disease, underserved populations, etc. and identify opportunities for partnership and engagement around population health, community engagement and health improvement initiatives. Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with community partner organizations and public health entities.
CHES Certification preferred or eligible to take exam
. Maintain valid certification and licenses. Research and complete continuing education opportunities, including classes, webinars, conferences, certifications, etc.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS