Overlook Medical Center, a member of the prestigious Atlantic Health System, is seeking a Full-time General Maintenance Mechanic III. Required hours are 7am- 3pm.
• Highly organized, effective, and self‐starting individual with mechanical aptitude to operate a variety of hand tools, equipment and facility equipment
• Ensures service performed and documentation of assigned work orders is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
• Must possess an understanding and skills related to maintaining building infrastructure.
• Assist with the removal of snow and treatment for ice/snow both within and outside normal working hours.
• Ability to maintain required records and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Performs other related duties deemed necessary by Supervisor or Manager. Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Possesses an understanding of blueprints, diagrams and schematics.
• Performs repairs on fire & smoke doors.
• Performs repairs on ceilings & ceiling systems.
• Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
• Performs repairs on flooring, stair treads, railings, bumpers and wall surfaces.
• Ability to trouble shoot and perform basic repairs on roofing systems.
• Ability to respond and quickly mitigate roof leaks with tarps, hoses and other means to minimize damage and interruption to patient care.
• Ability to quickly asses any building related leak or adverse condition in terms of the source of the deficiency; this would include plumbing supply lines, roof drains, waste lines, HVAC, and sprinkler systems. Technician should be able to quickly mitigate while the appropriate trades make repairs.
• Ability to make repairs to tile, Acrovyn, bathroom partitions and fixtures.
• Uses, maintains power tools and hand tools in good working conditions.
• Knowledge of all construction materials associated with commercial buildings.
• Possesses understanding of the daily operations of the department supported. (hospital, clinic, offsite locations, etc.
Atlantic Health System has created a Trusted Network of Caring™, delivering the right care, at the right quality, at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost. We aim to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 11th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.
Software Powered by iCIMS