Morristown Medical Center, a member of Atlantic Health System, is seeking a Full-Time Lead Cook. Required hours vary, including every other weekend.
Job responsibilities/requirements include but are not limited to:
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
• Prepare and cook foods of all types on a regular basis and for patient line and special events.
• Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• May lead cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
• May coordinate activities of employees engaged in food preparation.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Assist Chef with ordering, receiving and inventory of products.
• Adhere to and promote company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation, uniform guidelines, and productivity.
• May assist in supporting culinary staff at numerous stations as directed.
• Provide excellent customer service to include being attentive, and approachable.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Is ready to start on time.
• All food is served at the proper temperature for safe food handling.
• Use gloves and hairnets.
• Maintains a clean sanitary work area as defined by departmental policy in conjunction with all regulatory agencies to ensure safe food handling practices.
• Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment.
• Maintains a high level of sanitation. Ensure safe food handling practices and kitchen clean-up. Use departmental guidelines for washing all food contact surfaces
• Completes all assigned cleaning assignments in a complete, orderly, and timely manner.
• Work as directed to by management to maintain department productive
• Prepares kitchen for following meal and assumes other special assignment work as directed to by managers
• Uses FIFO method of storeroom rotation.
• Dates all food as it is put away, label with use by 3 day sticker
• Participates in all the training scheduled by Management and/or Human Resources
• Will work with knives, slicer, other restaurant kitchen equipment, ovens, steamers, kettles.
• Proactively communicates to staff
• Ensures job specific orientation and adequate training is completed
• Contributes to increasing organizational satisfaction by using effective leadership and communication skills to develop and
• Maintain positive relationships with co-workers, patients and their significant others, medical staff and visitors.
• Contributes to creating a learning environment that values, empowers, and supports employees.
• Creates a culture of Patient Safety and Continuous Improvement that contributes to providing quality services that are safe and cost effective.
• Develops and complies with all organizational and departmental policies, procedures, standards, and patient safety principles and implements changes utilizing appropriate channels
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.
Software Powered by iCIMS