Atlantic Health System is seeking a full-time Community Health Associate for Care Coordination to work from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM in the Newton Medical Center service area.
Community Health Workers screen patients for social determinates of health needs including food insecurity, behavioral health needs, housing, healthy lifestyles. Community health workers address the underserved populations and connect them with resources. They assist patients in setting short term goals to help their healthcare outcomes and access to care.
Job Responsibilities along with a percentage of time performing duties:
60%- Direct and telephonic patient outreach
30% - Documentation
10% - Trainings, meetings, 1:1’s
Include, but are not limited to:
• Attend a paid training program
• Meet patients in a clinic or hospital and conduct a needs assessment, including helping patients to set health goals
• Make weekly follow-up calls and home visits to patients
• Motivate patients to meet their health goals
• Help patients with social issues like homelessness, substance abuse and hunger
• Assist patients with organizing their records, making follow-up appointments, and filling prescriptions
• Help patients fill out applications for benefits like insurance and food stamps
• Run a weekly support group for patients
• Work with other CHWs to create a directory of community resources
• Document each patient encounter in detail
• Prepare reports and documents as needed or requested
• Attend regular team meetings
• Other duties as reasonably assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the required job qualifications. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5. Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements
Education High School diploma or GED required; higher educational degree a plus
Licenses: Valid NJ Driver’s License a must
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
• Ability to exercise judgment in the application of professional services
• Comfortable with home visits and outreach
• Comfortable with computer data entry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. It involves standing and walking and requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 13th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.
Software Powered by iCIMS