This is a team lead in our Patient Financial Services team in our headquarters building, hours are Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Essential duties include:
• Obtain status on Non-Governmental outstanding accounts receivable, EOBs and follow up with insurance payors on claims
• Reviewing contracts for accurate payments and identifying payor trend issues with payment or codes.
• Ability to understand insurance terms, (i.e. HMO, PPO, EOB, Remit, Stop Loss, etc).
• Strong data and organization skills
• Notate all accounts with outcome/resolution and/or next steps
• Extensive insurance follow-up for various insurance plans
• Working denials, submitting appeals, and correcting claims thorough knowledge and understanding of insurance plan policy updates including authorization and medical necessity requirements.
• Insurance refund processing
• Overall awareness of specific insurance plans accounts receivable issues.
• Ensure insurance information is entered on accounts accurately regarding primary, secondary and tertiary coverage that is received from patients.
• Performs all other duties as required by the supervisor/manager.
• Must maintain up-to-date knowledge of departmental policies and procedures by attending department meetings and trainings (online and classroom).
Minimum Education Level Required:
• Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University
Minimum Experience Required:
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Healthcare Operations
• Strong negotiation, collection, and phone skills.
• Excellent communication skills; must be able to articulate in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrates computer keyboard, word processing, spreadsheet skills, and multiple system skills enough to meet job criteria and goals
• Demonstrates ability to perform data entry and clear communication to multiple levels of the organization
• Planning and organizational skills that give the candidate the ability to multi-task, prioritize work, support and accept direction for multiple sources, and perform detailed tasks with efficiency and accuracy
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS