Atlantic Health System is seeking a full-time Nurse Navigator in the Infusion Department to work 8a-4p between Hackettstown and Newton Medical Centers.
To provide education related to oncology diagnosis, treatment, cancer center support services and community resources:
• To facilitate timely coordination of appointments, tests and procedures communicating any concerns to the appropriate physician/s.
• To provide a comprehensive assessment of the oncology patient, family and / or caregivers needs at pivot medical visits across the continuum, including assessing barriers to care and distress screening, refer to appropriate disciplines. (Commission on Cancer, Chapter 3)
• To develop assessment tools, guidelines, pathways and algorithms across the continuum of care.
• To educate the patient, family and/or caregiver to clinical trials, coordinate with Cancer Research Department. (Commission on Cancer E9, Clinical Trial Information)
• To coordinate patient multidisciplinary (MDC) visit, document treatment plan summary and disseminate to patient, appropriate departments and physicians. Coordinate all appointments and referrals after the MDC visit.
• To participate in the multidisciplinary tumor conference and document recommendations as outlined by Commission on Cancer Standards. To monitor recommendations for appropriateness with NCCN or other national guidelines.
(Commission on Cancer, Standard 1.7).
• To participate in navigation tool development for assessing patient, family and/or caregiver needs.
• To review national NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) or other national oncology standards with the multidisciplinary team on a yearly basis.
• To utilize Tumor Registry for any specific data requests for program development or performance improvement initiatives.
• To participate in the completion of the cancer focused community needs assessment, present to cancer committee per Commission on Cancer Standards, and review on an annual basis. Navigation program needs to be modified based on the changes to the community needs assessment. (Commission on Cancer Standard 3.1)
• To participate in performance improvement activities to enhance the patient, family and / or caregiver experience across the continuum. (Commission on Cancer Standard 4.5, 4.7 and 4.8 )
• To develop in conjunction with support staff support groups and education programs for the patient, their families and/ or caregivers.
• To participate in the Patient Advisory Committee and /or Patient and Family Centered Care Committee.
• To complete mandatory educational lessons as outlined by hospital system.
• To maintain confidentiality of patients, families and/or caregivers, and staff.
• Other duties as required.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS