The Application Systems Analyst II is a full-time position with Atlantic Health System’s (AHS) Information Technology Division. The position has responsibility for the implementation and support for the Laboratory Information Systems Applications. The work is accomplished in a team environment and requires excellent problem solving and communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
• Demonstrates in-depth analysis of workflows, system details and technical issues associated with the applications supported
• Analyzes new functionality and recommends how it should be used to prioritize and implement requested changes to the system
• Troubleshoots problems and questions from end users
• Provides support of daily and ad-hoc requests
• Interfaces with key IT, clinical, business and operations staff to assist in the development of efficient workflows.
• Participates in testing system enhancements and performs rigorous testing to deliver high-quality end-user solutions.
• Architects and delivers solution innovation to improve services or to lower costs, operating under deadlines and challenging workloads.
• Solves complex problems and develops solutions to tasks or projects which may be unique, using judgment and initiative.
• Engages expert resources when needed and escalates appropriately
• Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis for system upgrades, go lives and departmental needs
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Public Health, Healthcare Informatics or equivalent experience
• Preferred ITIL Foundation certification or obtains after hire
• Lab Tech preferred or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years work experience within information technology or applicable area of healthcare
• Familiarity with CAP regulations
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of clinical and/or business practices and principles
• Demonstrated ability to gather information from multiple sources and analyze applicability and appropriateness, and develop an efficient workflow
• Experience with organizational strategies, business operations, and end-user requirements to develop system design and training projects
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
• Experience with SoftLab, PowerPath or equivalent LIS system
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.
Software Powered by iCIMS